What is Schulfest? Held annually in autumn, Schulfest is an opportunity for the school family (scholars, parents, teachers, Old Scholars, the local congregation and members of the local community) to get together for a day of sport, good food and excellent company. Gemütlichkeit - amiable, comfortable cameraderie - is the order of the day, due in no small measure to the quiet country surroundings at Hermannsburg.
In 2016, the regional Spar KZN Schoolgirls’ Hockey Tournament for the Umvoti, uThukela and Umzinyathi regions was again held at Hermannsburg on Schulfest day; Primary School hockey, sevens rugby and many more sporting and fun activities took place, to complement the festive atmosphere and Gemütlichkeit!
To find out more, contact the organisers at email@example.com.
In 2017, the programme will look something like this:
- 14:00 Check-in opens at the Public Relations office
- 15:00 Experience HMB High School musical talent with styles ranging from Bach to beyond - 4 hands, 2 hands, vocal finesse and brass punch - a concert not to be missed! (School Chapel)
- 16:30 Join our resident tour-guide-turned-pastor for an entertaining trip down memory lane and walkabout of the school grounds
- 17:30 Evening braai (Adults R60; fires lit at 17:30) and bonfire (at the Esssaal)
- 19:00 Laternenumzug - lantern procession (lanterns available at R20)
- 07:45 Ticket sales open
- 08:00 Food sales, tuck shop & craft market open; sport tournaments start
- 09:00 Tea tent opens, German food stalls open
- 09:30 Old Scholars’ AGM
- 10:00 Activities and kiddie games open
- 11:30 Hermannsburg Foundation AGM
- 12:00 Meat sale begins and Bar opens
- 15:00 Chipping competition
- 15:30 Grade 9 GEP meeting for parents and scholars
- 16:15 Tug-of-war & boeresport
- 16:30 Tea tent closes
- 17:15 Auction in The Lapha
- 18:00 Supper (spit-braai; adults R60), cash bar & evening entertainment
- 19:30 Supper sales end (including take-aways)
- 08:30 Church service (at The Lapha)
- 09:30 Breakfast
Provisional programme - final 2017 programme to follow.